Prince Harry arrives for second day in court after jetting into London for privacy hearing | The SunMarch 28, 2023
PRINCE Harry has arrived for his second day in court after jetting into London for a privacy hearing.
The Duke of Sussex, 38, waved at the public as he walked up the steps of the High Court again this morning.
The Royal continues to battle publishers Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) against claims unlawful information was gathered.
The publisher, who owns titles including the Daily Mail and MailOnline, strongly deny the allegations.
They are also up against Sir Elton John and Baroness Doreen Lawrence, Sadie Frost and Liz Hurley.
The Duke's surprise appearance comes after complaining visiting the UK was hard due to security concerns.
READ MORE ON PRINCE HARRY
I’m a body language expert…Harry swaggered into court like Apprentice contestant
Harry jets into London for surprise court appearance as Elton John joins him
Eco-warrior Harry jetted in from California to attend the four-day preliminary hearing.
This is the first time Harry is back on home soil since the Queen's funeral.
The Duke and wife Meghan voiced fears over their safety after leaving the firm.
And the couple are yet to decide whether they will attend King Charles' coronation in May.
Most read in The Sun
Major fast food chain set to be taken over by billionaires who own Asda
Phillip Schofield's brother ‘sexually abused boy for 3 years’
Huge 90s pop star separates from wife after 18 years together
NHS dentist charges to RISE next month – see how you're affected
It is not known whether Meghan and kids Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, have made the journey.
It's understood a trip to see the King and brother William will not be on the cards during Harry's brief visit.
Buckingham Palace said Charles is not in Windsor or London today.
Meanwhile the Prince and Princess of Wales are away with their family for the Easter break.
Last year Harry won a court battle against the Mail on Sunday for defamation.
He sued after the paper ran a story about his separate High Court claim regarding his UK security arrangements.
The piece published in February 2022 was under the headline: "Exclusive: How Prince Harry tried to keep his legal fight with the government over police bodyguards a secret… then – just minutes after the story broke – his PR machine tried to put a positive spin on the dispute."
ANL hit back at the fresh allegations, describing them at the time as "preposterous smears" and a "pre-planned and orchestrated attempt to drag the Mail titles into the phone-hacking scandal".
A spokesperson for ANL also said the claims were "unsubstantiated and highly defamatory claims, based on no credible evidence".
Harry turned up for the first day yesterday smiling as he was surrounded by bodyguards.
He then sat at the back of the courtroom making notes in a black book.
Read More on The Sun
UK’s best hidden gem beach that Brits say is ‘on another level’
I was sick of forking out on pricey beauty products so headed to Savers
As he jotted away, the Prince shook his head at some of the Associated News Ltd’s barristers comments.
The Duke is also taking legal action against the Home Office over security arrangements when he is in the country.
Source: Read Full Article