Mom walks out of court in Bronx bodega slay trial over bloody footage

Mom walks out of court in Bronx bodega slay trial over bloody footage

May 9, 2019

Calling it mental abuse, the mother of an innocent teen who was chased down and hacked to death with machetes by a pack of gangbangers at a Bronx bodega walked out of court Thursday rather than endure footage of his harrowing death for a second time this week.

“I cannot see no more of those videos. It’s too much,” Leandra Feliz told reporters on day three of the murder trial in Bronx Supreme Court.

Feliz stifled screams in court on Tuesday when jurors were shown never-before-seen NYPD footage of her son Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz, 15, being dragged out of a bodega and hacked at with knives and machetes in a horrific case of mistaken identity.

Five of the 14 gang members allegedly involved are currently on trial for the June 20, 2018 death of Junior who was killed because his attackers believed he was a member of the rival Sunset crew. He managed to run to nearby St. Barnabas Hospital but bled to death outside.

Leandra Feliz walked out of court, shaking her head and holding back tears, on Thursday before more CCTV footage of her son’s brutal murder was played for jurors.

“This is mental abuse,” she said in Spanish as she left the courtroom.

Several jurors were equally disturbed by the video, with two women clutching their hands over their mouths as they repeatedly watched six men set upon Junior outside the bodega at the corner of Bathgate Ave. and 183rd Street.

Junior’s father Elisandro Guzman also left the courtroom after the video began playing, muttering ‘f—” in Spanish, before returning 10 minutes later.

“It was very hard for us today but justice for Junior,” Guzman told reporters as the family was brought out of the courthouse by detectives.

Distraught family members wept in court on Tuesday as the footage was replayed over and over, something Feliz described as “torture.”

“I closed my eyes… It was torture, like killing me alive,” Leandra Feliz said Tuesday.

Day three of the trial focused on DNA evidence, with blood belonging to Junior and one of the men suspected of killing him both found in the back of a getaway car.

Source: Read Full Article