Four-week-old rottweiler found frozen solid in blood-soaked fridge at horrific squalid puppy farm

Four-week-old rottweiler found frozen solid in blood-soaked fridge at horrific squalid puppy farm

August 13, 2019

A FOUR-WEEK-OLD rottweiler was found frozen solid in a blood-soaked freezer at a squalid puppy farm.

Twenty dogs, including beagles, Dalmatians, spaniels and dachshund crosses, were found at the horrific Brenzett property in Kent – with some living in complete darkness.

The horrific images of the puppy farm come as Mark Burgess, 39, was convicted of eight offences under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

He was charged after RSPCA officers descended on the home, finding 12 dogs and eight puppies living in filthy conditions in February.

RSPCA Inspector Carroll Lamport, lead investigator, said: "When we searched a freezer onsite we made a horrifying discovery; a small, four-week-old puppy.

"The body was frozen rigid and dumped in the bottom of a blood-soaked freezer."

The alert had been raised after four members of the public raised concerns they had bought puppies who then became sick between December 2017 and February 2018.

All of the puppies died.

And RSPCA officers were horrified as they searched the property and discovered the dogs in dark, cold kennels and others in filthy makeshift runs.


Inspector Lamport said: "Some were pregnant, others had litters of tiny puppies while some had clear signs that they’d been used for breeding previously.

"Some of the dogs were extremely frightened and shut down.

"Some were living in almost complete darkness and others were huddled at the back of their runs.

"One beagle was sitting uncomfortably in a filthy, wet kennel. She looked so depressed."

An elderly German Shepherd found tethered to an old wood kennel had to be put to sleep due to her muscle wastage.

Two cats and three kittens suffering from cat flu were also seized.

Burgess was found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to a number of dogs, including failing to provide veterinary care.

He is due back for sentencing on 23 September at Canterbury Magistrates’ Court.

Source: Read Full Article