Flint house explosion: 'Three missing and two hospitalized' after Michigan blast rocks buildings five miles awayNovember 23, 2021
THREE people are missing and two are hospitalized after a house explosion described as a "war zone" broke out on Monday night.
Firefighters were working round the clock to ensure there were no more people trapped inside their burning homes after a house exploded in Flint, Michigan, shaking houses as far as five miles away.
However, authorities have said that at least three people were missing following the blast. Their identities have not yet been revealed.
Two people were also hospitalized from the fire, Fire Department Battalion Chief Ramsey Clapper told WEYI-TV.
Flint Police Chief Terence Green told MLive-The Flint Journal at the scene that "there appears to be fatalities."
One neighbor said a mother was screaming for her baby as the blaze tore through the block.
Residents said many believed a bomb had gone off, with people heard sobbing in the background of a live Facebook feed of the inferno.
Firefighters arrived at 3900 Hogarth Ave at about 9.30pm Monday evening, with no word on injuries or what caused the explosion.
The debris and smoke was seen from over 10 blocks away.
Firefighters had been to control the majority of the fire by 11pm but a thick billowing cloud of smoke and small flames continue to rage at the houses.
Hogarth Ave between Ballenger Highway and Austins Parkway remained closed as first responders extinguished flames.
The local gas company was also on scene cutting the flow of natural gas into the home.
A local Flint MTA bus took residents who were forced to evacuate their homes to shelter, according to NBC25.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article