Boris Johnson backs Royals to 'sort out' Harry and Meghan situationJanuary 14, 2020
‘They will sort this out’: Boris Johnson says he is a ‘massive fan’ of the Royal Family and they should be given space to resolve Harry and Meghan issues
- Boris Johnson has given his first major TV interview since Tory election victory
- PM grilled on issues such as Brexit and the Royals in BBC Breakfast appearance
Boris Johnson today insisted the Royal Family will ‘sort out’ the issues over Harry and Meghan’s arrangements.
The PM said he is a ‘massive fan’ of the royals and they were a ‘great asset’ to the UK.
But he said the family should be given space to resolve the situation without a ‘running commentary’ from politicians.’
In his first major TV interview since the election, Mr Johnson said: ‘I am a massive fan of the Queen and of the Royal Family…
‘I am absolutely confident that they are going to sort this out.’
In his first major TV interview since the election, Boris Johnson said he is a ‘massive fan’ of the Royal Family
The Queen’s statement in full Monday evening after a day of showdown talks to decide the futures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The Queen allowed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to quit as senior Royals following a private heart-to-heart with her grandson at yesterday’s crisis summit.
After a family meeting at Sandringham, Her Majesty released a historic and emotionally-charged statement regretting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to split their time between Canada and the UK as they wind down their Royal duties.
The meeting was convened in response to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s bombshell demand to step back as senior royals and forge a ‘progressive’ role within the monarchy.
Yesterday’s unprecedented meeting represented the first time that Harry, 35, had met with his closest relatives since early November, with the prince and his wife having taken a six-week break in Canada over the Christmas period. Although they arrived back only last week, Meghan, 38, has already returned to the country.
Following the Sandringham head-to-head Charles, William and Harry were seen driving out of the Norfolk estate in separate cars.
Then in a statement written personally by the Queen, with her closest advisers, the monarch made clear her personal sadness at the events of the last six days.
Repeatedly referencing ‘my family’, she said they were ‘entirely supportive’ of Harry and Meghan’s desire for a new life. But she warned that many ‘complex’ issues remained to be resolved.
Prince Harry (pictured leaving yesterday), Prince William and Prince Charles left Sandringham in separate cars after more than two hours of crunch talks with the Queen
The Duke of Sussex faced the Queen, his brother and his father (pictured leaving last night) for the first time since quitting as a senior royal with Meghan ‘dialling in’ to support her husband from Canada
Prince William pictured leaving Sandringham after yesterday’s crunch talks with Harry, Prince Charles and the Queen
Source: Read Full Article