10 things you need to know before the opening bellMarch 1, 2021
Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Here’s what you need to know before markets open.
1. Stocks, commodities and emerging markets have got a lift from Biden’s $1.9 trillion spending plan. Take a look at what the global markets are doing.
2. Paul Singer says there’s “head-smacking craziness” in markets right now. Here’s what the Elliott Management boss is looking at.
3. Bitcoin staged an epic rally in February. We took a look back at its record-setting month.
4. Rising bond yields could bring more gains for “the most aggressive areas” of the stock market. This is one strategist’s take on what that means for portfolio allocations.
5. Warren Buffett warned that ‘hot’ stocks fade, joked about his age, and celebrated America in his annual letter. These are the 10 best quotes.
6. Earnings expected. Zoom Video Communications releases quarterly results.
7. On the data docket. ISM manufacturing PMI, Markit manufacturing PMI, construction spending and auctions for 3- and 6-month bills are out later today.
8. Credit Suisse is seeking areas of the stock market set to thrive even as bond yields spike. The firm says to buy these 15 stocks built to outperform even amid more market tantrums.
9. 3 money management CEOs overseeing $150 billion break down why bitcoin will flourish despite regulatory uncertainty. They also explain how the digital currency will continue to mature into the $200k-$400k range.
10. Stephen Yiu is challenging big name investors as his fund surges 75% within its first 3 years. He breaks down the winning strategy – and the 4 components he looks for when hand-picking stocks.
Source: Read Full Article