10 things you need to know before the opening bellJanuary 7, 2021
Robert Nickelsberg/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
1. Investors are looking past the chaos of the Capitol protests and at what a Biden administration means. Here’s what stocks, bonds and the dollar are doing.
2. The value of the cryptocurrency market has now topped $1 trillion. Follow what Bitcoin, Ethereum and other coins are doing.
3. The Georgia election results are a ‘clear negative’ for big tech. Here’s why Wedbush thinks the FAANGs are in for a rougher ride.
4. Tesla is finally meeting its delivery targets. Morgan Stanley says the stock price has a lot more room to rally.
5. Warren Buffett is no fan of Bitcoin. Veteran investor Bill Miller disagrees with the Sage of Omaha.
6. Earnings expected: Walgreens Boots Alliance, Micron Technology and ConAgra Foods report results.
7. On the data docket: Initial weekly jobless claims figures are due, along with the trade balance.
8. Wall Street experts say the Georgia runoff results are the ‘the first surprise of 2021.’ Here’s how 4 of them recommend positioning your portfolio for what could happen next.
9. 10 top Wall Street experts outline their stock-market forecasts for 2021. And each one tells you where to put your money.
10. Fundstrat’s Tom Lee says many transportation stocks hurt by the pandemic are poised to gain in 2021. He shares 10 stock picks in the industry that are pegged to economic reopening.
Source: Read Full Article