IFX EXPO Asia 2019 – Everything You Need to Know About Day 1January 23, 2019
Day 1 of iFX EXPO Asia 2019 in Hong Kong is officially in the books. The event, one of the largest in Asia, represents a two-day affair at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Center (HKCEC). The first day has already included several marquee panel discussions and informative workshops.
Hosted by Finance Magnates, iFX EXPO Asia 2019 has been geared to all elements of the FX industry, as well as an emphasis on banks, affiliates, introducing brokers, and white label partners. The decision to host the event in Hong Kong also represents a strategic move given the region’s role as a financial powerhouse in the region.
Discover iFX EXPO, Your Gateway to Asian Markets!
The event formally kicked off with a signature welcome party on January 22 at Frites Belgium on Tap, Wan Chai.
Day 1 Highlights
The first day of the EXPO featured no shortage of informative discussions and themes. The main focus was on the FX Leaders Roundtable, which touched on the industry’s 2019 and beyond.
Furthermore, the marketing and acquisition panel emphasized the challenges brokers have for maximizing return on investment, among other attributes. Panels were not the only topics of note however, with several workshops also drawing the focus of thousands of attendees.
Detailed workshops focusing on crypto exchanges, institutional liquidity, the construction of exchanges, FX market trends, and the new tech in FX all took center stage throughout the day.
One of the newest elements of the iFX EXPO was also the first ever Crypto and Fintech Track. The unique content stream is curated by W-SOURCE, a boutique technology sales firm and strategy consultancy serving high-tech ventures and corporates.
Thousands of attendees were exposed to this unique theme of disruptive technologies and innovative developments from across the crypto and fintech space. The crypto and fintech has managed to tackle the trends which will shape 2019 with some of the brightest minds and notable executives in the local and global communities.
This included unique panels on institutional adoption, real world asset tokenization, women in fintech, and the future of incubation. Capping off the day was the Official iFX EXPO Night Party at Ophelia Club, Wan Chai.
A look at what is ahead on Day 2
Looking ahead to the final day of the iFX EXPO Asia, the focus will remain on the APAC region, whilst diving into many familiar avenues. This includes a renewed focus on payments capabilities in the region, as well as evolving technologies and key regulatory themes.
In particular, panels you do not want to miss include the following:
- 09:45 – 10:15: All-in-One Blockchain Services: from Cross-Border Payment Solutions to Trading Platform
- 10:00 – 10:45: Beyond the bASICs: Opportunities in APAC in 2019
- 10:15 – 10:45: Social CopyTrading: Wealth Management for All
- 11:00 – 11:45: Technology Catchup: Looking for A Silver Bullet
- 11:00 – 11:30: Unlocking Payments in Asia: New Local Payments Providers and P2P
- 11:45 – 12:15: How to Capitalize on China’s Evolving Institutional Capital Market
- 12:00 – 12:45: Diversifying to Crypto: Lessons Learned
- 12:30 – 13:00: FX Brokers in new regulatory environment
- 13:10 – 13:40: Investors Panel
- 13:15 – 13:45: Secrets to Regional Success: Technology, Compliance & Content
- 13:45 – 14:15: The Future of Exchanges
- 14:00 – 14:30: Marijuana CFD’s – This years must have product
- 14:20 – 14:45: Institutional Traders Round Table
- 14:45 – 15:15: Accelerate growth through simplified multi-tier IB structures and Rebates
- 14:50 – 15:15: AlgoTrading & Prediction Tools 2019
- 15:20 – 15:45: Tech for Good: What’s Next?
- 15:30 – 16:00: CRM and system security
Source: Read Full Article